The Chinese Language Specialty aims at training students to achieve the ability for Chinese language application in the various areas where Chinese language is demanded, including:
- obtaining proficient spoken and writing ability, being able to undertake general communicate translation job
- Possessing fundamental specialty knowledge, comprehending the situation and the culture of China, obtaining knowledge about the society of China, and being able to do any exchange work especially in culture, business and tourism area.
- Reaching the HSK (International Proficiency
- Chinese Language Test) with an intermediate 4 level.
- Being able to pass the Chinese entrance exam administered by IFL in order to take the bachelor program in Chinese literature
- Being able to operate computers in Chinese and holding the method of searching literature, data and other related information with Chinese.
The standard length of education is 2 years and haft. Students who can achieve required course are qualified to get the double degree of CAM-ASEAN general Chinese program certificate and HSK certificate.
- Beginner (GCP 1 & GCP2)
Aiming at students who have never had any knowledge of Chinese, students should be able to master the pronunciation of Mandarin Chinese, especially the pronunciation and tone of the initials and finals. In addition, master the structure and characteristics of Chinese characters, and master the strokes, stroke order and writing rules of Chinese characters.
Through listening and speaking training, students can master simple Chinese oral communication skills to meet the needs of daily conversations, such as greetings, questions, and self-introduction.
Elementary and Pre-Intermediate (GCP 3/ GCP 4 /GCP 5/ GCP 6)
For students who want to increase grammar and vocabulary associativity, improve learning efficiency, and prepare for future study.
Introduction to the history of Chinese culture and society enables students to better understand Chinese culture and society.
Intermediate (GCP 7 & GCP 8)
- Able to master the correct pronunciation of Mandarin and read Chinese with standard Mandarin pronunciation.
Through listening and speaking exercises to further improve Chinese communication skills to meet the general communication needs of studying, living and working in China.
- Ability to master basic Chinese grammar.
- Can write simple sentences to express their views.
- Able to input Chinese characters by computer.